Catawba College /
/ Services / Reference / Virtual Reference Desk / Government Information
Virtual Reference - Government Information
- Federal Government General Information
- Internal Revenue Service Tax Forms and Publications
- E-file Information
- Infomine Scholarly Internet Resource Collections
Developed and supported by the Library of the University of California,
Riverside, Infomine is a virtual library of Internet resources which
contains searchable database of government information as well as many
other scholarly topics.
- Government 101 from Students.gov
Information resource on government from Students.gov.
- US House of Representatives
- US Senate
- US White House
- Federal Government Legislative and Regulatory Information
A non-partisan site geared towards facilitating civic participation, with
information on government officials, current legislation before congress,
voting registration, and current issues.
- GPO Access Multple Database Search
Form for searching any or all GPO Access databases for government documents.
Political information website covering congress and politics by state,
with an online forum and blogs from liberals and conservatives.
Law portal for public, business, students, and legal professionals
with searches for cases, codes, lawyers and news.
- US Legislative Branch
Library of Congress portal to web sites relating to the legislative branch
of the US Government.
- Thomas: Legislative Information on the Internet
Searchable databases of legislative information provided by the Library
- State Government Information
- Legal Information Institute Constitutions, Statutes and Codes
Cornell University database of federal and state constitutions,
statutes, and codes.
- American Law Sources Online (ALSO!)
A compilation of links to freely accessible online law sources for the
United States, Canada, and Mexico.
- State Legislative History Research Guides on the Web
Indiana University School of Law Library, Bloomington compilation of
web sites relating to legislative history by state.
State Law Resources
Provides law resources by state jurisdiction.
- State and
Local Government on the Net
The State and Local Government Internet directory provides access to
the websites of state agencies, and city and county governments.
- Federation of Tax Administrators State Tax Forms
Links for state tax forms and information.
- International and Foreign Government Information
- Library of Congress Country Studies
Online versions of books published by the Federal Research Division of the
Library of Congress under the Country Studies/Area Handbook Program
sponsored by the US Dept. of Army.
- U of Mich Government Documents Center
Central reference and referral point for local, state, federal, foreign,
and international government information.
- Northwestern University International Documents
Portal to official websites of foreign governments.
- U of CA Berkeley International Government Organization Resources
Portal to International Government Organization web directories and research guides.
- Statistical Resources
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics web site.
Gateway for government statistics and data.
- U.S. Census Bureau