Catawba College >
> Services > Reserves > Laptop Checkout
The Catawba College Library has laptops available for checkout at the Circulation Desk. Laptops are checked out at the Circulation Desk and must be returned to a Catawba College library staff person at the Circulation Desk. You will need to have a Catawba College ID with you in order to check out a laptop.
Laptop Checkout Policies
- Laptops are checked out to Catawba College students, faculty and staff only. The loan period for laptops is 24 hours. Laptops may not be requested again for 24 hours after being returned.
- A Laptop Responsibility Agreement must be signed in order to be able to check out laptops. By signing the agreement the patron agrees to be responsible for all equipment checked out to him/her (laptop, battery, power supply, mouse, carrying case).
- Students checking out laptops need to present current Catawba ID card and a valid phone number where they can be reached.
- Once a laptop is checked out to a patron, it becomes the responsibility of that patron.
- All equipment checked out with the laptop must be returned at the time of the check-in.
- All equipment must be returned to a library staff person. Laptops abandoned at the circulation desk are not considered returned and are still the responsibility of the borrower.
- Fines for overdue laptops are $10 per day up to $40. Laptops returned after this period will be assessed an additional $25 administrative fee.
- Failure to return laptops after this period will be regarded as a breach of the Student Conduct Code and will be reported to Judicial Affairs and the Student Conduct Administrator for disciplinary action.
- Patrons are responsible for replacing missing or damaged parts or the entire laptop if lost. The minimum cost for replacing a laptop is: Laptop: $1000; Power Supply: $100; Battery: $75; Mouse: $25; Bag: $50.
- Fines and fees must be paid before a laptop can be borrowed again. Laptop usage may be suspended for persons who frequently return them late.
- Laptops may not be checked out during spring break and the Christmas break.
- Laptops should be used in accordance with the Catawba College Computer Usage Policy.
- Laptops may not be checked out within the hour before the library closes.