/ Information / Mission and Goals
Library Mission and Goals
The Corriher-Linn-Black Library serves as an active agent to
enable its users to become self-directed, life-long learners. The
Library, as the information hub for the College and a community
resource, provides a diverse population of students, faculty, staff,
and community borrowers onsite and electronic access to information
resources in a variety of formats on campus, in the Salisbury/Rowan
community, and throughout the nation and the world.
Library services support and enrich academic curricula programs,
and activities, while providing Catawba students with opportunities
for individual growth and development within the context of a liberal
The Library strives:
- To acquire, organize, and maintain a collection in a variety of
formats sufficient to support present and developing curricular
programs and to reflect the educational mission of the college.
- To provide effective onsite and electronic access information
resources on campus and in the Salisbury/Rowan Community as well as
electronic access to external information resources.
- To provide a qualified, services-oriented staff.
- To provide instruction to empower the college community to use
the campus, community, and external information resources to best
advantage and to integrate emerging technologies into instruction.
- To provide adequate facilities and equipment to maximize effective
use of the library.
- To provide library users with the opportunity to explore emerging